Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Completion Issues??? Right here baby!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Well... a lot of steps to go... LOL

1. Print O'The Wave Shawl from Eunny, in Kidsilk Haze, mossy green.

2. A Cardigan for my stepfather for Christmas, Filati Magazine Special Men, Model number 35, the Material is Lana Grossa Pulcino (discontinued) in chocolate brown.

3. A sweater for my brother for Christmas, Filati Magazine Special Men, Model number 12/2. The original yarn called for is Lana Grossa Numero Uno Tweed. I have changed it to Cool Wool Big (100% Merino), since I made him a sweater in the Tweed a couple of years ago.

4. A sweater for the love of my life, after Interweave The Ultimate Gift. I chose Yorkshire Tweed 4ply from Rowan in a lovely dark red instead of the cashmere. All seamed, just the collar left to finish

5. Sunrise Circle Jacket in Alpaca Sport, 100% Alpaca. The color is a dark aubergine. This one is for me. All pieces finished. Needs blocking, sewing together.

6. Ruffles Scarf (Amanda Blair Brown) out of Scarf Style, in Lana Grossa Cool Wool 2000 print, color 725. This one is for Cathy for Christmas. So far, about 42" are knit.

7. Berlin Bag (original design from me). 100% Wool from Dyed in the Wool in England, in cream and tan, aran weight. This one is for me. I just need to finish the handles and then felt it and insert the lining. Oh... and publish the pattern for sale!

8. Shedir (Knitty.com Breastcancer awareness special edition) out of Lana Grossa Numero Uno Tweed, left over from the sweater I made for my brother two years ago. (Stashbusting!) Half done.

9. Pomatomas socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Boot Sock soft color.

10. Beaudelaire socks in Regia sock 4ply, color 315 (burgundy)

11. Faroese shawl - out of "A Gathering of Lace" - with 100% 3ply lambswool on needles 3.25mm (it will end up the smaller size). The color is a nice dark grey.

Future projects: The simply knitted bodice for the sexy knitters knit along, the "Deep V Argyle Vest" from Eunny and a scarf out of "Scarf Style" for my pal at the International Scarf Exchange 3

I am hard at work on both the Ultimate Gift and the Baudelaire Socks, so I should be able to start with the SKB soon. LOL

By the way, does swatching count? Because if that is the case then the Deep V Argyle Vest is officially started (I made the swatch a little while ago, but haven't cast on).

Since a lot of these are Christmas Gifts, quite a few will be finished in the next few weeks and therefore make room for stuff for me!!! LOL.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Wow, Bettina - I think you and I are on the same page with our "knitting ambitiousness"!! After last year's 11th hour finishing before Christmas, I vowed to finish all my gifts early this year too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home